Associate, GTS - Global Product Support Engineering
In-TAC Jay Ottawa, Canada 100 Days Ago
Job Category: Computer/IT
Job Type: Full-Time
Start Publishing: 2019-07-09
Stop Publishing: 2019-09-09
In-TAC Jay Ottawa, Canada
- Provide remote technical support (via telephone or on line) on identified products 24x7 when required. On call duty includes evenings and weekends.
- Review with senior engineers issues found in the field and assist Communication with Design and Supply Chain on problems found
- Utilize debug tools as well as lab research to aid Customer’s technical problem. Recover information necessary to escalate the incident/issue to senior engineers. Escalation may eventually include Engineering/Design, Product/Project Management, Documentation, or Training
- Provide Customer feedback to Quality Assurance, Design, Product Management, Technical Publications and Training
- Contribute to publishing of MOP/ISB/FSB documents.
- Contribute to knowledgebase.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science) from a four-year college or university with zero to three years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Foundation knowledge of the operation of fiber optic transport and/or switching equipment.
- Preferably has experience in a technical support role with an equipment vendor in the Telco industry.
- Basic problem solving experience with OTN/SONET/SDH equipment, Carrier Ethernet equipment or associated fiber optic facilities.
- Proficiency with various ‘office’ software applications including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Ability to analyze, trouble-shoot and resolve problems
- Motivated self-starter with excellent time management skills and an ability to work from broad guidelines with minimal supervision
- An understanding of transport and switching systems for telecommunications applications and Optical Networking
- Familiar with various types of test equipment for optical and protocol testing
- System level trouble shooting on fiber optic telecommunications transport and switching equipment.
- Good foundation knowledge of OTN, SONET/SDH/DWDM and Carrier Ethernet protocols, and a general understanding of other Switching/transport concepts are required.
- Knowledge of computers, data communications, UNIX SUN/Oracle and IP network experience would be a benefit.
- Experience with network management systems would be beneficial
- Strong background in relationship building and Customer focus
- Team player
- Ability to deal with stressful situations
- Must have the ability to communicate in English language both verbal and written