The Clerk, Customer Contact Management provides a high degree of customer service and responds in a professional manner with accurate and appropriate information regarding Customer’s account information and transactions and inquiries relating to CPC products/services, policies and procedures by referring to Corporate and or Department manuals or automated systems.
- Below are the main job requirements and responsibilities for The Clerk, Customer Contact Management (Customer Relationship Support).
- Listens attentively to Customer inquiries and communicates effectively with internal and external customers in a professional manner and works efficiently under pressure.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of CPC products and services especially billing and credit policies / procedures and guidelines concerning products / services.
- Recognizes complex customer inquiries or Account issues and / or collection issues, and escalates the inquiries by transferring the call and / or creates a case for follow up.
- Processes Mail authorization inquiries from CPC induct sites as per CPC approved procedures.
- Manages Customer’s inquiries (originating from phones, e-mail, faxes and or the internet) and prepares process and posts necessary adjustments and / or account update using the available approved procedures and guidelines.
- Requests / retrieves and forwards copy of documents or other information regarding customer request.
- Advises customers on their account status with CPC and requests payments of past due as per the policy / procedures and guidelines followed by the department.
- Contacts customers for additional information required to clear unapplied and on account payments. Informs customer of payment processing application requirements and provides customers with alternate automated payment solutions to ensure that future unapplied payments do not occur. Utilizes the information provided to / by customer to apply payments or refund amounts back to customer and documents all interactions with customers in customer notes/case.
- Performs other related duties (i.e. Sending/issuing letters to customers, calling customers for past due balance, assisting in the training of new employees, change of billing addresses, assist analysts in Account reconciliations). Assists other CPC areas (such as document retrievals, mail distribution etc.) in order to provide an adequate level of service to customers.
Completion of secondary school according to provincial standards or equivalent (GED) is required, AND
completion or working towards of post-secondary (College/University) courses in a related field.
- 1-3 years of related work experience is required, customer service experience.
- Experience in typing 30 words per minute with 5% error rate.
- Experience in customer service on-line systems (i.e. SAP, Case Management, CMS).
Other Candidate Requirements
- Proficient computer skills and competent with Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to organize, plan and control work effectively.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.