In-TAC S Ottawa, Canada 29 Days Ago
Job Category: Banking/Finance
Job Type: Full-Time
Start Publishing: 2019-08-19
Stop Publishing: 2019-10-18
In-TAC S Ottawa, Canada
- Oversee the monthly consolidation and close process including maintainingtimely and accurate financial statements and other reports that are appropriate for Management and in accordance with US GAAP.
- Prepare commentary about actual versus forecast and budget variances.
- Prepare analysis, calculations and entries for transfer pricing transactions (including allocations) on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining detailed cash flow projections.
- Ensure compliance with external audit and internal financial and accounting policies and procedures; developing and implementing new strategies as required.
- Ensure payroll is processed in a timely manner, including accurate records and regulatory reporting and documentation.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met including withholding payments, income tax, goods and services tax.
- Complete complex commission/variable compensation calculations efficiently and accurately.
- Responsible for completing and filing annual tax returns for all our entities including parent, subsidiaries and branches.
- Oversee the ongoing support of a new software platform for processing expense claims.
- Manage, mentor and coach a small accounting team.
- Assist the VP Finance with ad hoc reporting requests.
- A post-secondary degree/diploma in Accounting or Finance
- 4-5 years of progressive experience in an accounting role
- Experience managing/mentoring team members
- Advanced Excel skills (including pivot tables, use of data and logical functions, nested functions in a formula)
- Experience with audits and international taxes including (VAT, GST, Consumption Tax, Sales Tax)
- High attention to accuracy and detail in working processes and reports
- Able to multitask, work under pressure, meet deadlines and willing to put in extensive hours when required during the close process.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Nice to have:
- CPA designation highly preferred
- Experience using Great Plains or similar ERP system
- Knowledge of SAP Concur and Salesforce.com
Why work for us?
- We are in the heart of Kanata North
- We believe in work life balance
- Competitive compensation, benefits (we cover the premiums for you) & vacation
- Flexible work environment
- Many company sponsored social events, on and off premise (from cake and pie monthly, golf tournaments, holiday parties, team outings – we like to keep things simple and fun!)
- We are one of the top-ranked employers on Glassdoor