Ottawa, Canada 630 Days Ago
Job Category: Computer/IT
Job Type: Full-Time
Start Publishing: 2019-11-11
Stop Publishing: 2020-01-10
Our client is looking for a Senior Training Developer based in the UK or Canada. This position develops technical training for our client's employees, partners, and customers. As part of testing and refining your content, you will also deliver train-the-trainer sessions and have the opportunity to provide instruction at partner events and internal technical field training sessions.
- Work with various stakeholders to determine ideal use cases and solution benefits
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to assemble and deliver key information
- Clearly communicate security concepts and solutions through written word and the development of hands on labs.
- Position the value of specific security solutions from both a technical and business perspective.
- Design and validate virtual lab exercises to reinforce learning objectives
- Publish student and instructor material according to requested delivery mode formats
- Coordinate train-the-trainer activities for new and updated content to ensure internal trainers are ready to deliver
- Travel to training events and team meetings
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong technical writing and visual media skills
- Self-motivator who delivers results with minimal supervision
- Ability to quickly analyze and learn new technologies
- Expertise in a variety of network security technologies such as NGFW, ATP, Secure Access and Cloud Security
- Expertise in a broad range of networking technologies including: TCP/IP, Dynamic Routing, Wi-Fi, authentication, application layer protocols,
- Expertise in both Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware vSphere and VMware ESXi
- Experience with Brainshark, Camtasia, or other screen casting tools beneficial
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
- Fortinet NSE 4 or higher certification is desirable
- Other technical certification will be considered an asset
- At least 5 years experience in networking and security
- At least 3 years experience in technical training or course development preferred