Key Responsibilities: Provide excellent customer service and quality responses to customers.
· Support VAR’s (Value added reseller) technical service team on Solacom VoIP solutions (Switch, router, firewall, gateway, PBX, VoIP, MAP, database, State wide network, etc.)
· Respond and troubleshoot alerts received from system and escalate as required to ensure integrity of the customer’s system.
Duties / Deliverables:
· As part of the Network Operations Center (NOC) team, perform Technical support on 24/7 basis shift rotation to Solacom customers (Rotating schedule assignment within the support team).
· Open trouble tickets and on regular basis, update tickets to reflect actions taken, resolution achieved or further action required.
· Work with customers (mostly VAR technicians based in the US) to understand, troubleshoot and ensure problem resolution.
· Follow-up with customer to ensure customer satisfaction with resolution.
· Assessing existing systems and provide recommendations for improvement.
· When required, serve as liaison between customers and Solacom’s Research and Development staff by communicating problems and trends in order to assist in correcting errors.
· 3 Years' + Network Operating Center or Customer Service experience.
· Good communication and written skills in English.
· Conversational French communication is an asset.
· Willingness to work on rotating shift (day, evening, night, weekend).
· Electronic Technician or Technologist Diploma/Telecommunication Technician or equivalent experience.
· Strong knowledge and experience of IP Networking.
· VoIP and Telephony experience is an asset.
· Knowledge of standard equipment used in Central Office and remote sites is an asset
· Good problem solving skills.
· Good computer skills (Windows and Linux).
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
· Self-motivated and good judgment.
· Proven ability to work unsupervised.
· High level of professionalism and integrity.
· May need to undergo a security background check.