This company specializes in high-resolution airborne geophysical surveys for
petroleum and mineral exploration, as well as geological and environmental mapping. The
company carries out airborne gravity, magnetic, electromagnetic, and radiometric surveys,
using fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters.
This position reports to the Engineering Manager and group leader.
Responsibilities of the Position
• Maintain sophisticated aircraft mounted airborne remote sensing equipment;
• Analyze acquisition data for quality control;
• Read and understand electrical and electronic drawings;
• Maintain upgrades of proprietary real-time acquisition software;
• Perform real-time software testing;
• Build and test printed circuit boards (PCB);
• Fabricate and test acquisition systems;
• Write and draw assembly procedures;
• Understand, comply with and promote all company safety precautions and policies
including reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; and
• Work in Ottawa head office as well as at SGL field bases worldwide.
Qualifications and Experience
• Recent graduate with Post-secondary education in Electronics Technologist,
Electrical Engineering or similar program and/or experience;
• Demonstrated experience in circuit board assembly and repair;
• Knowledge of PC assembly and testing;
• Familiarity with Printed Circuit Board manufacturing principal and design;
• Must have a valid passport or the ability to obtain a valid passport;
• Must have a valid driving license issued by a competent authority in their country of
residence enabling the candidate to obtain an International Driving Permit (IDP) or
the ability to obtain a valid (IDP) before the end of employment probationary period;
• Willing to travel globally for extended periods on short notice; and
• Ability to communicate in multiple languages (asset).