Enterprise Web Developer
Ottawa, Canada 25 Days Ago
Job Category: Computer/IT
Job Type: Full-Time
Start Publishing: 2019-11-11
Stop Publishing: 2020-01-10
The Enterprise Web Developer will assist the sales enablement group and global training department in the development of all projects tied to systems development including brainstorming, requirements gathering, time estimates, cost/benefit analysis and other basic planning tasks. They will develop plans, diagrams, prototypes, polished customer facing web components and work with project managers to communicate effectively and often stakeholder groups. In addition, they will work closely with other developers and manager of system development team to implement their components by utilizing their knowledge and experience in full stack web development including but not limited to all aspects concerning front end, backend and infrastructure.
- Translate high-level business requirements into tactical project definitions across multiple applications.
- Scope initiatives accurately and prioritize work items appropriately.
- Create system / component prototypes quickly and efficiently.
- Design, develop and deploy high availability, high scalability, and secure systems.
- Perform unit testing, develop appropriate artifacts/documentation, and facilitate final delivery.
- Support production issues, including independently completing root-cause analysis and diagnosis.
- Work closely with other developers to triage and eliminate bugs.
- Work in an iterative and Agile environment on a cross functional team.
- Provide design and development feedback, while working collaboratively in determining the best solution for the user.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Significant hands-on experience with LAMP stack web application development.
- A solid understanding of modern cloud DevOps strategies, code workflows, CI/CD pipelines, Git.
- Expertise in developing, debugging, and performance tuning open source LAMP applications (e.g. Moodle, WordPress, Drupal), themes and contributed modules.
- A good grasp of security principles, network infrastructure and API architectures.
- Proficiency with PHP frameworks, such as Phalcon, Laravel etc.
- Proficiency with RESTful Web Services and relevant tools.
- Proficiency with MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Experience scaling applications on popular Cloud-based services, such as AWS EC2.
- High levels of self-motivation and stamina.
- Focus on delivering results with benefits to the customer.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Great team player looking to work with like-minded individuals.
- University, College or other comparable post-secondary education in Science or related courses and/or certifications highly desirable.
- Minimum 5 years
- Experience in web and/or application development.
- Experience in the network security industry highly desirable.