The Business Data Analyst is a trusted role that supports our Senior Leadership Team (SLT) in helping the business make better, more informed decisions. With your expertise in data models, data mining, and data-load transformation and segregation techniques, you will provide information in the areas of operational, sales, financial, customer, market and investor data. You will support all members of the SLT through fielding ad hoc data related questions, maintaining the company dashboards and preparing ongoing reports.
You bring proficiency in the use of technical tools, query languages and lookup techniques. Your data visualization experience and ability to bring the abstract into focus, along with your excellent communication skills, will set you up for success in this role.
- Work with SLT members and teams within the business to establish and clarify needs
- Gather information, normalize data and identify and escalate data quality deficiencies for resolution
- Assist in defining and industrializing metrics and KPIs
- Identify improvements in business applications to better serve information for data analysis
- Analyze results, identify patterns and trends and draw conclusions
- Transform information into intelligence
- Prepare and deliver reports in clear and creative ways to elevate insights
- Post-secondary education in mathematics, statistics, economics, computer science or related discipline
- Proven skills in data analysis, data models and reporting packages
- Ability to analyze large data sets and write comprehensive reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking abilities, strong analytical skills and inclination for problem solving
- Persistent attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidential information
We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.