What a typical day look like?
We develop software solutions to address all aspects of a client’s transformative journey with disciplined focus on business outcomes. We don’t just strategize; we activate and implement at Purolator
• Develop and support custom applications to generate insights and solve business problems on cloud platforms.
• Scope and create early prototypes to validate ideas with designers, developers and product owners
• Transform business requirements and research into winning delivery solutions that meet performance goals.
• Accurately define effort requirements and manage personal workflow to ensure the deliverables are created on time and in budget
• Bridge information and requirements across multiple teams such as product management, creative, advisory, and analytics teams to define and influence the design of the solutions
• Participate in sprint planning, design, coding, unit testing, sprint reviews
• Provide basic design documents and translate into component-level designs to accelerate development. Design, develop, and distribute reusable technical components.
• Assist in developing technical documentation; participate in test-plan development, integration and deployment
• Define and develop project requirements, functional specifications and detailed designs of application solutions for clients
Critical Skills and Competencies Characteristics
- 3 years of experience with Java backend, RESTful APIs, PostgreSQL, SOAP
• Experience building applications across multiple browsers and versions
• Understanding of client-side interactions and tools such as performance, memory management, debugging tools, testing frameworks
• Experience in defining, analyzing and documenting business requirements
• Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment with product owners, designers, and developers
• Comfort in delivering oral presentations is an asset
Nice to have:
Exposure to AWS/cloud solution
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science or a related technical field