Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology who wants to solve real-world problems, a roll-up-your-sleeves software developer who thrives in a daily collaborative environment, and a technology leader looking for experience in multiple fast-changing global industries?
What a typical day will look like?
We develop software solutions to address all aspects of a client’s transformative journey with disciplined focus on business outcomes. We don’t just strategize; we activate and implement at Purolator.
- Create custom applications to generate insights and solve business problems on cloud platforms
- Lead team of frontend developers on best practices, latest technologies, and software architecture
- Scope and create early prototypes to validate ideas with designers, developers, and product owners
- Accurately define effort requirements and manage personal workflow to ensure the deliverables are created on time and in budget
- Bridge information and requirements across multiple teams such as product management, creative, advisory, and analytics teams to define and influence the design of the solutions
- Continuously improve our approach to frontend development, technical and process aspects
- Participate in sprint planning, design, coding, unit testing, sprint reviews
- Provide basic design documents and translate into component-level designs to accelerate development. Design, develop, and distribute reusable technical components.
- Assist in developing technical documentation; participate in test-plan development, integration and deployment
- Define and develop project requirements, functional specifications and detailed designs of application solutions for clients
Critical Skills and Competencies Characteristics
- Proficient with Java backend, RESTful APIs, PostgreSQL
- Experience building applications across multiple browsers and versions
- Understanding of client-side interactions and tools such as performance, memory management, debugging tools, testing frameworks
- Experience in defining, analyzing and documenting business requirements
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment with product owners, designers, and developers
- Comfort in delivering oral presentations is an asset
Nice to have:
Exposure to AWS/cloud solution
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science or a related technical field