Ethernet Network solutions:
- Next Generation optical transport solutions
- Hybrid Layer 0/1/2 switching (OTN/Packet)
- Triple Play, MSO and wireless transport oriented solutions
As a member of a larger team, the candidate will participate in the software development life cycle, from development through delivery to the end customers.
- Participate in C, C++ software development of new functionality in various software components for devices on a real-time OS.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle (develop, test, document, debug and maintain the applications).
- Participate in backlog defect reduction.
- Develop scripts, test utilities, and other development aids to improve designer efficiency.
Collaboration with stakeholders
- Consult with engineers, architects, and other professional and technical personnel.
- Work with product verification and test teams to resolve problems
- Interaction with colleagues on large scale software releases
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Embedded C, C, C++ programming language
- Fundamentals of structured programming and design concepts
- Interest and aptitude for software development is a must
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- Low-level Real-Time Software/Firmware Development
- Real time operating systems concepts
- Ability to understand CPU Hardware architectures, Hardware Functional Specifications and Hardware Timing Diagrams
- Software Development Life Cycles such as Agile or Waterfall
- Embedded Linux and/or VxWorks
- Familiarity with datacom and telecom concepts such as DWDM, SONET/SDH, OTN, Ethernet, OSI Model, TCP/IP, MPLS