Optical System Architect
In-TAC S Ottawa, Canada 112 Days Ago
Job Category: Computer/IT
Job Type: Full-Time
Start Publishing: 2019-05-28
Stop Publishing: 2019-07-27
In-TAC S Ottawa, Canada
- PhD. in Electrical Engineering or Applied Physics with minimum of 3 years of industrial experience in optical communications, photonics, high speed electronics or systems. Will consider Master’s degree with 5+ years of applicable experience.
- Fundamental understanding of optical communication systems, DWDM transmission systems, photonic integrated components, electronic (integrated) circuits, and signal analysis and processing.
- Hands-on experience working with system-level optical communication hardware and components.
- Extensive understanding of coherent communications systems, including experience with QPSK, 16QAM, and 64QAM, as well as coding and forward error correction algorithms.
- Experience characterizing high-speed RF and mm-wave interconnects, amplifiers, and components.
- Characterization of RF/mm-wave systems, such as S parameter measurements, jitter measurements, and ADC/DAC performance and ENOB
- Experience with specifications for RF amplifiers such as Mach-Zehnder Modulator Drivers and Transimpedance Amplifiers, for symbol rates up to 100 GBaud.
- Hands-on experience with high-speed optical and electrical test, and measurement equipment control and data acquisition.
- Programming experience in Matlab, Python, VB.net, or C desired.