Working in the Quality Assurance Center of Expertise (QA COE), the QA Performance Engineer will have an important role in establishing and Implementing/Executing Performance Test projects and Automated Testing following our internal standards and processes.
He/she will help implement best-in-class test performance operations that support continuous integration and continuous delivery.
He/she will be responsible for implementing and furthering the QA CoE performance test strategy and keeping track of advancements in the industry to ensure that the company is developing leading-edge products and services, and that the testing systems are as up to date and rigorous as possible.
He/she will be deployed in providing “SWAT services” to critical programs or domains to enable performance test.
He/she is a thought leader, has great communication skills and will be participating & promoting QA transformation to the rest of the organization. He/she is excited in mentoring and motivating other performance testers in learning and enhancing performance test skills.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Performs performance testing on important and crital business services
• Develop and implement performance test for component, integration or system testing
• Lead performance test project by designing and implementing a maintainable performance test scripts
• Automate measurement of test results using telemetry frameworks (Influxdb/Intrascope/grafana, etc.).
• Work closely with product owners, delivery primes, developers to understand performance test requirements and develop a appropriate strategy.
• Demonstrate technical leadership and act as a mentor for other performance engineer team members
Critical Skills and Competencies Characteristics
Up-to-date on current technologies including middleware, web and mobile development platforms, database platforms, virtual and cloud platforms, automation tools, web services, DevOps and configuration management
• Experience with QA practices within different software development methodologies including but not limited to– test strategy and approach, test plans, test data planning, etc.
- Proficiency with Automated Testing
- Experience with Java, C for writing performance test scripts. Other languages is a plus.
• Experience with GIT, Maven, TeamCity/Jenkins
• Experience with JIRA
• Experience with LoadRunner, JMeter
• Familiarity with DevOps tools and processes (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes)
• Experience with IDEs, like Eclipse, Visual Studio or IntelliJ
• Experience with continuous testing within CI/ CD construct
• Knowledge of protocols like SOAP, REST
Academic : undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, business, or equivalent (required), Graduate degree in Business Administration (MBA) (Asset)
- Certifications : PMP (Asset), ITIL foundations (Asset)
- 5+ years’ experience as a performance engineer
• 5+ years experience in LoadRunner or similar other tools
• 3+ years hands-on experience in using telemetry tools
• 3+ years’ experience in an Agile environment
OVERALL SKILLS – ABILITIES
- Interpersonal skills, and proven to flourish working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-disciplinary team, across multiple projects and multiple locations
- Ability to promote & drive change
- Sharp analytic and problem-solving capabilities that go beyond strict technical expertise
- Broad IT knowledge and strong level of familiarity with a wide range of technologies and IT practices