Senior Firmware Design/DVT Engineer
In-TAC S Ottawa, Canada 28 Days Ago
Job Category: Computer/IT
Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: 3 Year
No of Jobs: 1
Start Publishing: 2019-05-28
Stop Publishing: 2019-07-27
In-TAC S Ottawa, Canada
- Responsible for detail design of the embedded control firmware for high-reliability fiber optics and optoelectronic modules/sub-system controllers.
- Work with hardware and optical groups to translate requirements into working designs.
- Responsible for implementation, integration test and trouble-shooting of embedded controller firmware on DSP/MCU/FPGA/SOC Zynq platforms.
- Interface with various testing groups for test case developments, FW knowledge transfer, debugging and bug fixing. This includes FW DVT, Optical test, System software test and manufacturing tests.
- B.S. + in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with 5+ years’ firmware development experience with TI’s DSP, ZYNQ or similar microprocessors.
- Good working knowledge of Real-Time Operating System and device drivers, such as TI’s BIOS, FreeRTOS, VxWorks, Linux Kernel/U-boot/BSP/Device Drivers
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills. Hands-on lab test experience with JTAG debugger, Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzer. Familiar with Version Control tools, Bug Tracking systems.
- Very good understanding of analog and digital hardware and common used serial communication protocols
- Experience on Optical Line Modules, such as DWDM, EDFA, ROADM is desirable
- Candidate must be a quick-learner and self-starter, energetic, flexible and positive.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills, could work independently with minimal supervision