Solace Cloud - Product Owner
Ottawa, Canada 296 Days Ago
Job Category: Computer/IT
Job Type: Full-Time
Start Publishing: 2019-09-12
Stop Publishing: 2019-11-11
- 3-5 years experience as a product owner.
- Strong technical skills, but are a person who deeply cares about the customers, ease of use, and business value.
- Excellent communicator who can explain complex technical ideas and can engage with peers, team members, and external customers effectively.
- Committed to agile methodologies, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- A proven track record of exceptional judgement on business vs technical trade-offs.
- Experience building or architecting a distributed software system or software as a service (SaaS).
- A team player with attention to detail and a knack for creative problem solving.
- The vision to think strategically, but can make quick tactical decisions when needed.
- Strong background in technology and a passion for keeping up to date with digital trends.
- Help define the business priorities including negotiation and optimization of multiple trade-offs.
- Maintain a strong sense of accountability and ownership of the product.
- Define and execute the product roadmap, including defining requirements, writing epics and user stories, and prioritizing initiatives.
- Work closely with the scrum team, attending daily stand-ups, sprint planning, high level estimates, and sprint retrospectives.
- Ensure that the product achieves the Solace high quality standards by actively participating in user story acceptance
- Understand and scope out competitive service offerings to identify key differentiators.
- Manage timelines and deliverables internally, and with clients.