Sr. SRE for Windows Platform
In-TAC S Ottawa, Canada 14 Days Ago
Job Category: Computer/IT
Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: 3 Year
No of Jobs: 1
Start Publishing: 2019-06-11
Stop Publishing: 2019-08-10
In-TAC S Ottawa, Canada
- Architect, Design and Deliver highly scalable cloud agnostic automation.
- Engage with Software Development Teams to increase velocity and efficiency using effective communication, tools/processes, and negotiation skills.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to Barracuda/Managed Workplace on all DevOps, System Engineering and Operations related topics.
- Learn, use and improve the existing tools and processes in managing the production environments running in AWS
- Manage the Public Cloud Infrastructure used, and continually strive to bring it to the next level while achieving business goals for reliability and customer satisfaction.
- Adopt or design and implement tools to manage and improve Agile SDLC. Automate & improve wherever applicable. Design, deploy and support 24x7x365 operations while being part of the on-call team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computing Science or equivalent
- 6+ years of experience as an engineer working on related disciplines, such as Systems Engineer, Release Engineering and DevOps/SRE. A service operational background supporting high availability 24x7x365 environments is required.
- Ability to succeed in a highly matrixed, virtual and international culture where change and speed are part of daily work.
- Ability to create, implement, and manage innovative technology programs.
- Understanding of cloud-centric information security concepts and methodology
- Experienced in working closely with technical audiences (engineers, developers, scrum masters)
- Operational knowledge of one of the IaaS platform (AWS, IBM Cloud, Azure, Google Compute). We use AWS.
- Operational knowledge of the Windows Operating System, familiarly with Linux. Scripting (bash, PowerShell) and Programming (Chef, Ruby, Windows .NET, Python, Java) skills are required. Programming skills in Windows .NET or Windows ecosystem is preferred.
- App-Server & Open Source Components: Microsoft IIS, Apache/Tomcat, Redis, Elasticsearch, Memcached (at least two components). We use Microsoft IIS. We also use Jenkins, Sensu, Grafana, Docker, Kubernetes among many other technologies.
- Database: Microsoft SQL Server, AWS RDS (understanding of RDBMS concepts and technologies).
- Experience with Jira/Confluence/Git/Subversion or equivalent software repositories in a Windows-centric development environment.