Staff Analog & Digital Hardware Design Engineer
In-TAC S Ottawa, Canada 28 Days Ago
Job Category: Computer/IT
Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: 3 Year
No of Jobs: 1
Start Publishing: 2019-05-28
Stop Publishing: 2019-07-27
In-TAC S Ottawa, Canada
- Be a key member of the development team of Infinera’s next generation coherent optical module.
- Design board level electronics for analog optical controls and device monitoring functions using off the shelf components which will include op-amps, ADCs/DACs, linear and switching power supplies, and highspeed logic including FPGAs, microprocessors and memories.
- Design digital communication section utilizing DSP based high speed communications processor and RF transmission lines
- Develop strategies for optimizing designs to efficiently implement complex functions while maintaining the ability to meet the physical constraints which include dimensions and power limitation requirements.
- Interact, collaborate and work cross-functionally with optical, hardware, firmware, software, PIC and DSP design teams
- Contribute to developing optical, hardware, firmware and software integration test plans and reports
- Generate integration test procedures, test specifications and design verification test plan
- Provide status reports, keep track of deliverables, milestones and schedules
- Minimum of BS/MS. in Electrical Engineering required with 6+ years of relevant experience, PhD and/or experience with optical system preferred
- Experience with optical control including modulator bias circuits, photodetectors with TIAs, and / or tunable laser control systems preferred.
- Skilled with high gain, high sensitivity analog circuits that must minimize cross talk and noise
- Experience with electrical and optical test and measurement equipment
- Experience with analog circuit simulation and schematic capture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to interact at all levels of the technical and management organization
- Proactive, collaborative, influential and creative to innovation and product development
- Excellent time and task management, and inter-personal skills